Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed October 22, 2008
2 Fort Campbell Contractors Face Lawsuit
By Todd Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Federal officials have filed a lawsuit against two Fort Campbell contractors, claiming they submitted false reports in order to be paid.
The lawsuit filed Monday in U-S District Court in Nashville reports that Circle C Construction, in Russellville, Kentucky, filed false payroll certifications and also failed to identify any of its employees.
The lawsuit also states Phase Tech, in Sharon Grove, Kentucky, was also not indicated as a subcontractor.
A news release from the U-S Attorney's Office says Circle C would not have been paid had the government known the contractors were not complying with the contract.
The companies could face civil penalties of between $5,500 and $11,000 per violation.