Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 22, 2008
2 Fort Campbell Contractors Face Lawsuit
By Todd Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Federal officials have filed a lawsuit against two Fort Campbell contractors, claiming they submitted false reports in order to be paid.
The lawsuit filed Monday in U-S District Court in Nashville reports that Circle C Construction, in Russellville, Kentucky, filed false payroll certifications and also failed to identify any of its employees.
The lawsuit also states Phase Tech, in Sharon Grove, Kentucky, was also not indicated as a subcontractor.
A news release from the U-S Attorney's Office says Circle C would not have been paid had the government known the contractors were not complying with the contract.
The companies could face civil penalties of between $5,500 and $11,000 per violation.