Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed October 22, 2008
2 Fort Campbell Contractors Face Lawsuit
By Todd Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Federal officials have filed a lawsuit against two Fort Campbell contractors, claiming they submitted false reports in order to be paid.
The lawsuit filed Monday in U-S District Court in Nashville reports that Circle C Construction, in Russellville, Kentucky, filed false payroll certifications and also failed to identify any of its employees.
The lawsuit also states Phase Tech, in Sharon Grove, Kentucky, was also not indicated as a subcontractor.
A news release from the U-S Attorney's Office says Circle C would not have been paid had the government known the contractors were not complying with the contract.
The companies could face civil penalties of between $5,500 and $11,000 per violation.