Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed October 22, 2008
2 Fort Campbell Contractors Face Lawsuit
By Todd Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Federal officials have filed a lawsuit against two Fort Campbell contractors, claiming they submitted false reports in order to be paid.
The lawsuit filed Monday in U-S District Court in Nashville reports that Circle C Construction, in Russellville, Kentucky, filed false payroll certifications and also failed to identify any of its employees.
The lawsuit also states Phase Tech, in Sharon Grove, Kentucky, was also not indicated as a subcontractor.
A news release from the U-S Attorney's Office says Circle C would not have been paid had the government known the contractors were not complying with the contract.
The companies could face civil penalties of between $5,500 and $11,000 per violation.