Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 26, 2009
2 Arrested for Putting Debris in Roads
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – After a 3-day investigation, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department has arrested two men for deliberately placing debris on I-24 and other roadways near Reidland. 20-year-old James Callahan and 18-year-old Grant Clark both confessed to strategically placing tree limbs, wooden pallets and pieces of steel in roadways. The two placed the debris in the middle of lanes to maximize the potential of creating an accident. Some cars were damaged as a result, but no injuries were reported. Police have charged both men with evading police and two counts of Wanton Endangerment.