Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 26, 2009
2 Arrested for Putting Debris in Roads
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – After a 3-day investigation, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department has arrested two men for deliberately placing debris on I-24 and other roadways near Reidland. 20-year-old James Callahan and 18-year-old Grant Clark both confessed to strategically placing tree limbs, wooden pallets and pieces of steel in roadways. The two placed the debris in the middle of lanes to maximize the potential of creating an accident. Some cars were damaged as a result, but no injuries were reported. Police have charged both men with evading police and two counts of Wanton Endangerment.