Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 9, 2009
12-Year Old Dies in ATV Accident
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 12-year-old McCracken County girl has died of injuries sustained in a weekend ATV accident. Ciara Greenwell of Paducah was riding her all terrain vehicle with friends and family Saturday afternoon when she lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a turn near Bryant Fork Road. She went through rope fencing and thick brush before being thrown from the ATV and landing in a field. She was wearing a full-face helmet at the time of the accident. Greenwell was taken first to Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, then later to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville where she died of her injuries yesterday evening.