Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 9, 2009
12-Year Old Dies in ATV Accident
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 12-year-old McCracken County girl has died of injuries sustained in a weekend ATV accident. Ciara Greenwell of Paducah was riding her all terrain vehicle with friends and family Saturday afternoon when she lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a turn near Bryant Fork Road. She went through rope fencing and thick brush before being thrown from the ATV and landing in a field. She was wearing a full-face helmet at the time of the accident. Greenwell was taken first to Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, then later to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville where she died of her injuries yesterday evening.