Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon November 9, 2009
12-Year Old Dies in ATV Accident
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A 12-year-old McCracken County girl has died of injuries sustained in a weekend ATV accident. Ciara Greenwell of Paducah was riding her all terrain vehicle with friends and family Saturday afternoon when she lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a turn near Bryant Fork Road. She went through rope fencing and thick brush before being thrown from the ATV and landing in a field. She was wearing a full-face helmet at the time of the accident. Greenwell was taken first to Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, then later to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville where she died of her injuries yesterday evening.