Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon December 3, 2012
101st Troops to Deploy to Afghanistan
More than 3,400 soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell deploy to Afghanistan during the next several months. The Defense Department says about 2,800 from the 4th Brigade and about 620 from Division Headquarters ship out to Afghanistan during the winter and spring.
Major Juanita Chang says about 6,000 soldiers from the 101st are already in Afghanistan. 101st Commander Major General James McConville says the division will serve as headquarters for NATO's International Security Force-Afghanistan's Regional Command-East.