Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon June 8, 2009
101st Museum Shovel-Ready;' Awaiting Another $24m
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – The Fort Campbell Historical Foundation is shovel ready' but $24 million short on plans to build the 101st Airborne Museum. The $47 million, 33-acre project at Fort Campbell is expected to house interactive displays, an IMAX theater, and travelling Smithsonian exhibits.
Foundation Executive Director Robert Nichols says floor plans, exhibit displays, and site preparation are all complete. Even some of the museum's twelve hundred and twenty exhibits are already being built. Nichols says despite the needed $24 million he remains hopeful as large donations keep coming in. The museum is expected to be complete in September 2012.