Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu June 6, 2013
101st Commander To Discuss Sex Assault Prevention
The acting commander at Fort Campbell is convening a panel of experts today to discuss efforts to curb sexual assault and harassment within the 101st Airborne Division. The military has designated this week to focus on education and training as part of its Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention program.
That comes in response to several prominent episodes of sexual misconduct and calls from Congress for the Pentagon to revamp how it handles such allegations. Fort Campbell has had its own recent problems. The previous manager of the post’s sexual assault response program was arrested in a domestic dispute and relieved of his post last month.