Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu June 6, 2013
101st Commander To Discuss Sex Assault Prevention
The acting commander at Fort Campbell is convening a panel of experts today to discuss efforts to curb sexual assault and harassment within the 101st Airborne Division. The military has designated this week to focus on education and training as part of its Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention program.
That comes in response to several prominent episodes of sexual misconduct and calls from Congress for the Pentagon to revamp how it handles such allegations. Fort Campbell has had its own recent problems. The previous manager of the post’s sexual assault response program was arrested in a domestic dispute and relieved of his post last month.