Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu June 6, 2013
101st Commander To Discuss Sex Assault Prevention
The acting commander at Fort Campbell is convening a panel of experts today to discuss efforts to curb sexual assault and harassment within the 101st Airborne Division. The military has designated this week to focus on education and training as part of its Sexual Harassment and Assault Response Prevention program.
That comes in response to several prominent episodes of sexual misconduct and calls from Congress for the Pentagon to revamp how it handles such allegations. Fort Campbell has had its own recent problems. The previous manager of the post’s sexual assault response program was arrested in a domestic dispute and relieved of his post last month.