Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 27, 2012
101st Airborne's 1st Brigade Combat Team Returns to Afghanistan
The 101st Airborne Division’s First Brigade Combat Team returns to Afghanistan this winter. Nineteen hundred of the brigade’s soldiers will be training Afghan forces to take over stabilizing the country as the Pentagon reduces U.S. forces there. Deployment begins in November. This will be the second unit from Fort Campbell sent to Afghanistan to serve the Afghan National Army, Afghan police or border patrol in a mostly advisory role. About 400 soldiers, mostly senior leaders and non-commissioned officers, from the Second Brigade Combat Team deployed earlier this year as security force assistance teams. The 1st Brigade Combat Team will be broken down into groups of advisory teams.