Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed July 29, 2009
101st Airborne Changes Command on Friday
By Todd Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – The 101st Airborne Division receives a new commanding officer Friday, when Major General Jeffrey Schloesser relinquishes command to incoming Major General John F. Campbell. General Schloesser has served as commander of the 101st since 2006.
General Campbell comes to the division from the Pentagon, where he served as Deputy Director for Regional Operations to the Joint Staff. He has also served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The transfer of command will take place at Fort Campbell Friday morning at 9.