Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 29, 2009
101st Airborne Changes Command on Friday
By Todd Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – The 101st Airborne Division receives a new commanding officer Friday, when Major General Jeffrey Schloesser relinquishes command to incoming Major General John F. Campbell. General Schloesser has served as commander of the 101st since 2006.
General Campbell comes to the division from the Pentagon, where he served as Deputy Director for Regional Operations to the Joint Staff. He has also served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The transfer of command will take place at Fort Campbell Friday morning at 9.