Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue January 13, 2009
1 Hunter's Body found in KY Lake; 2 Missing
By Todd Hatton/AP
Gilbertsville, KY – Crews are searching Kentucky Lake for two young hunters who have been missing since their boat overturned, killing one of the four aboard.
The effort yesterday comes a day after the body of one hunter was recovered from the cold lake.
Marshall County Coroner Mitchell Lee identified the hunter yesterday as 18-year-old Trevor Williams of Mayfield. Lee says Williams' body was found without a life jacket Sunday evening in Little Bear Creek on Kentucky Lake.
A fourth teen was pulled from the water by rescuers after the small boat capsized Saturday afternoon. Lee identified the hunter found alive as Tyler Heathcott.
A crisis intervention team is at Mayfield High School, where Williams and Heathcott were seniors.