Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue January 13, 2009
1 Hunter's Body found in KY Lake; 2 Missing
By Todd Hatton/AP
Gilbertsville, KY – Crews are searching Kentucky Lake for two young hunters who have been missing since their boat overturned, killing one of the four aboard.
The effort yesterday comes a day after the body of one hunter was recovered from the cold lake.
Marshall County Coroner Mitchell Lee identified the hunter yesterday as 18-year-old Trevor Williams of Mayfield. Lee says Williams' body was found without a life jacket Sunday evening in Little Bear Creek on Kentucky Lake.
A fourth teen was pulled from the water by rescuers after the small boat capsized Saturday afternoon. Lee identified the hunter found alive as Tyler Heathcott.
A crisis intervention team is at Mayfield High School, where Williams and Heathcott were seniors.