Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- [Update: Audio Added] 13-Year Cicadas Serenade Parts of Western Kentucky
- Kentucky National Guard Begins New Partnership with Djibouti
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
Nick Morris is a Recreation Agreement Specialist with TVA's Public Outreach and Recreation organization. An MSU alumnus, Nick first moved to Murray as a student in 1998 where he was grateful to find WKMS and its rich variety of music. "I grew up in a musical family," Nick says of his formative years. "Some of my earliest childhood memories are of my parents taking me to a small opry house in Henry, TN, to hear my uncle's band play bluegrass and country music. My father played bass with the band for a while and it seemed like every family gathering was infused with some form of live music." While his tastes in music have broadened to pretty much every genre, Nick says he devotes the most time to Bluegrass, Americana, Singer/Songwriter and Alt Rock. A fan of the Front Porch for more than a decade, Nick says he's honored to be part of a select few that have hosted the WKMS juggernaut.