Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mike Gowen is a lecturer in the Department of Wellness and Therapeutic Sciences. He visited Murray for the first time in 1988 and has called it home off and on for the last 23 years. He stays busy raising two children, Gabrielle and Jacob, two dogs, Sadie and Lakota and a cat, Socks. Mike is thankful for the Murray & WKMS community. He loves the local art & music scenes, as well as, the ever expanding farmer's markets. This is his second time around on Music From the Front Porch after a ten year hiatus. His words of advice, "go see more live music."
Fans have been tuning in to "Music from the Front Porch" for over 30 years. The tradition of folk, bluegrass, acoustic and western swing continues with hosts John McMillen, Mike Gowen and Mark Welch. Hear the best of old and new musicians from Bill Monroe and Woody Guthrie to Alison Krauss and Chris Thile.