Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mark Welch was born in Detroit and raised in Fulton, Kentucky. He graduated from Murray State University in 1978 with a degree in Journalism/Radio-TV. Mark caught the "public radio bug" as a student host of Jazz Horizons on WKMS and has enjoyed three tenures as a WKMS staff member – most recently as Program Director from 1999 to 2011. Mark is currently the Director of Community Relations at Murray State University. He and his wife, Karen, have two sons, Marshall and Luke, and a Great Dane named Sienna. Mark and Karen co-pastor a non-denominational bi-racial church in Murray, manage a Christian bookstore and coffee bar owned by the church, and are involved in campus ministry at Murray State.
Fans have been tuning in to "Music from the Front Porch" for over 30 years. The tradition of folk, bluegrass, acoustic and western swing continues with hosts John McMillen, Mike Gowen and Mark Welch. Hear the best of old and new musicians from Bill Monroe and Woody Guthrie to Alison Krauss and Chris Thile.
Hear Music from the Front Porch on-demand:
Episodes will (usually) be updated by Monday afternoon