Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Why Does Murray Have So Many Banks?
- [Slideshow, Audio] Cleaning Up The Columbia Theatre, A Paducah Treasure
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Wet Vote Wins: Marshall County to Allow Alcohol Sales
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
Mark Welch was born in Detroit and raised in Fulton, Kentucky. He graduated from Murray State University in 1978 with a degree in Journalism/Radio-TV. Mark caught the "public radio bug" as a student host of Jazz Horizons on WKMS and has enjoyed three tenures as a WKMS staff member – most recently as Program Director from 1999 to 2011. Mark is currently the Director of Community Relations at Murray State University. He and his wife, Karen, have two sons, Marshall and Luke, and a Great Dane named Sienna. Mark and Karen co-pastor a non-denominational bi-racial church in Murray, manage a Christian bookstore and coffee bar owned by the church, and are involved in campus ministry at Murray State.