Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Kala Dunn is a native of Princeton, Ky. She’s a 2006 graduate of the Interlochen Arts Academy with a concentration in flute performance and a 2010 graduate of Murray State University with a B.M. Piano Performance degree. She is the Community/Society Editor for the Murray Ledger & Times. She performs as a singer with the Todd Hill Orchestra and is the regular bassist for the Paducah Jazz Ensemble and the Eddy Grove Trio. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, running, and listening to music. A few of her favorite artists are Anita O’Day, Charlie Parker, and Carmen McRae. She lives in Hamlin, Ky.
Todd Hill, Director of Jazz Ensembles at Murray State University and longtime regional bandleader, has assembled a new ninety second feature: Jazz Journal - A minute and a half with America’s Art Form, which will begin airing Monday through Thursday evenings at 8:59 on WKMS.
Jazz Journal precedes the station's locally produced Cafe Jazz airing from 9 to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Cafe Jazz hosts include Maestro Hill, George Eldred and Dr. Brian Clardy of the MSU Department of History.