Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Alan Lytle (KPR)
Bitten by the radio bug as a teenager, Alan Lytle got his start start more than 30 years ago volunteering in Clermont County, Ohio for WOBO-FM. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Broadcasting from the University of Cincinnati and worked at a variety of radio stations in the Cincinnati market, then made the move to Lexington in the mid-1990s.
Lytle has served as WUKY News Director since 2002 and been the recipient of numerous Associated Press, CASE, and Communicator awards. When not covering news, Lytle enjoys cheering on the Wildcats (and Bearcats) and hanging out with his pet beagle, Howie. He is currently pursuing a Master’s degree in U.S. History from the University of Kentucky.