Missouri http://wkms.org en Missouri 8th District US Rep Jo Ann Emerson Resigns http://wkms.org/post/missouri-8th-district-us-rep-jo-ann-emerson-resigns <p>Missouri’s 8<sup>th</sup> District US Representative Jo Ann Emerson submitted her letter of resignation to Governor Jay Nixon and House speaker John Boehner today. The 8<sup>th</sup> district includes 27 of the state’s south-east and south-central counties. Now, Nixon must call for a special election to fill out the remainder of Emerson’s term. Tue, 22 Jan 2013 18:47:43 +0000 Jacob McCleland 27067 at http://wkms.org Missouri 8th District US Rep Jo Ann Emerson Resigns USDA: Corn Harvest Ahead of Schedule http://wkms.org/post/usda-corn-harvest-ahead-schedule <p>This year's corn harvest is ahead of schedule with four percent in already, compared with just one percent at this time last year.&nbsp; The harvest is three to four weeks ahead of schedule in most of the corn belt because an unusually warm spring allowed farmers to plant earlier.&nbsp; Most then expected a good year, but the U.S. Department of Agriculture has been reducing its estimates of the nation's harvest amid a severe drought centered over the Midwest. Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:44:15 +0000 Todd Hatton & The Associated Press 21056 at http://wkms.org USDA: Corn Harvest Ahead of Schedule Aid for MO Farmers http://wkms.org/post/aid-mo-farmers <p><a href="http://governor.mo.gov/newsroom/2012/Emergency_cost_share_program_has_approved_more_than_3_700_water_projects">Missouri&rsquo;s emergency cost-share program</a> has approved over 3,700 farmer applications for urgent relief during this summer&rsquo;s drought. Governor Jay Nixon established the program to provide water after declaring Missouri in a State of Emergency. The aid totals close to 19 million dollars and covers 90 percent of emergency water projects on farms. Individual farmers will have to pay the remaining 10 percent for their project.</p> Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:25:09 +0000 Rose Krzton-Presson 20499 at http://wkms.org Animals Rescued from Cape Girardeau Home http://wkms.org/post/animals-rescued-cape-girardeau-home <p>Officials in Cape Girardeau County removed approximately 25 animals from a residence near Millersville, Missouri. The Cape Girardeau County Sheriff&rsquo;s Department searched the home of Paulette Tidwell after receiving a tip about unlicensed commercial breeding and substandard conditions; as well as a large sale of animals that happened last Saturday. The dogs, cats, equines, and birds were rescued and transported to St. Louis for placement in licensed Missouri shelters.</p> Tue, 01 May 2012 20:31:00 +0000 Rose Krzton-Presson 17820 at http://wkms.org Nixon Opposes Blind Healthcare Cuts http://wkms.org/post/nixon-opposes-blind-healthcare-cuts <p>Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is opposing budget cuts to a health care program for the blind. The House budget committee proposed to cut the state&rsquo;s current 28 million dollar program and replace it with a new 6 million dollar program. The proposed cuts are expected to go in front of the entire House next week. Nixon is urging representatives to support the current program which covers healthcare costs like prescriptions and doctor visits and serves over 2,000 blind Missourians.</p> Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:45:13 +0000 Rose Krzton-Presson 17244 at http://wkms.org the morning cram [women...can't live without 'em edition] http://wkms.org/post/morning-cram-womencant-live-without-em-edition <p><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; line-height: normal; ">As Rick Santorum climbs in the polls, can he attract the vote of one of the largest voting groups in the nation (women)?</span></p> Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:30:18 +0000 Gary Pitts 16997 at http://wkms.org the morning cram [women...can't live without 'em edition]