en Tax Advice for Farmers <p>Floods in 2011 and this year&rsquo;s tornadoes could complicate the tax returns filed by Kentucky farmers.&nbsp; For example, when farmers receive an insurance check for damaged crops, IRS spokesman Luis Garcia says they must claim that money as income.&nbsp; And, if bad weather forces the early sale of livestock, Garcia says that income can sometimes be claimed on next year&rsquo;s tax return.</p> Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:57:05 +0000 Stu Johnson (KPR) 17356 at